Japanese restaurant company seeks a Senior Accountant.
Position Overview: We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
• Verify, maintain, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Interface and follow up store managers regarding staff hours
• Prepare account reconciliations related to payroll, payroll taxes, employee benefit, pay by pay workers compensation.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into each corporate store’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax returns and submit in a timely manner
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert executive if necessary
• Reconcile financials to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or relevant field; CPA a plus
• 3 years of experience in accounting in Restaurant industry a plus
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business changes and trends
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting and restaurant related software like QuickBooks online, Marketman, POS or any other kinds.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Formulas, V-lookup and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skill
• Strong communication, both written and verbal
• Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
• PTO days and Sick Leaves
• 401(k) plan