Job Title: Manager
Report to: President
Location: New York, NY
Salary: $85k (DOE)
Management and Duties
● Must meet the deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general documents
and financial reporting.
● Applies a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
● Ensures an accurate and timely close on monthly, quarterly, and annually.
● Ensures and develops reports for all monthly financial information in a timely manner.
● Initiates and leads budget and forecasting activities.
● Monitors and analyzes departments’ workflows in order to develop more efficient procedures.
● Manages resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
● Maintains an excellent communication with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues.
● Advises staff members regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
● Responds to the inquiries from the President regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
● Works with the retained CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year end audit and quarterly reviews.
● Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
● Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
● Monitors cash deposition, plans effective cash management.
Other & Miscellaneous
● Performs special projects and accounting related duties assigned by the upper managements.
● Language Skills
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and/or government regulations in English and Japanese
Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English and Japanese
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, customers, and the general public in English and Japanese
● Mathematical Skills
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumstance, and volume
● Reasoning Abilities
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form Ability to analyse information and solve problems on a complex level in various situations
● Other Required Skills
Must be tactful, mature, and flexible
Must have the ability to review, assess and understand technical documents, drawings and other documents with no advance exposure and then engage in discussions internally and with customers
Must have the ability to analyze and utilize legal/financial documents (contracts, purchase orders, etc.)
Must be able to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel